Below are 21 common items often found in or around the house — from the kitchen and bathroom to the garage and backyard — that can be poisonous to your furry pals if ingested.

  • Chocolate
  • Avocados 
  • Bread dough
  • Grapes & raisins 
  • Artificial sweeteners 
  • Onions
  • Lilies 
  • Poinsettias 
  • Sago palms
  • Daffodils (butter cups) 
  • Insecticides 
  • Air fresheners
  • Cleaning products like laundry detergent & bleach Fertilizer
  • Antifreeze 
  • Over-the-counter pain medications
  • Prescription drugs for humans (and pets, too) 
  • Batteries
  • Small toys 
  • Fabric softener sheets 
  • Glue

You can take steps to keep your pets’ indoor and outdoor environment safe by limiting exposure to these items. Another tip: Look at objects from your pet’s height and line of sight. Then make it a habit to keep food, medications, plants and chemicals securely stored and out of your pets’ reach. These additional steps can help:

Secure trash cans inside and outside to keep out of pets’ reach
Close toilet lids
Keep small and sharp objects out of pets’ reach
Keep houseplants out of reach
Keep food out of reach and/or stored in containers
Clean up any chemical spills in your garage or yard quickly
Keep lawn, garden and automobile chemicals closed and stored on a high shelf
Provide your pet with appropriate chew toys and treats to help prevent them from chewing on other object.

Our Location

Find us on the map

Office Hours

Find Out When We Are Open


8:30 AM - 1:00 PM

3:00 PM - 5:30 PM


8:30AM - 12:00 PM

2:00 PM - 5:30 PM


8:30 AM - 1:00 PM

3:00 PM - 5:30 PM




8:30 AM - 1:00 PM

3:00 PM - 5:30 PM





Contact Us

Send Us An Email Today!